Top of Page
established on March 1, 2003
last updated on June 26,2013
As a provider of the Internet, which is an important social infrastructure directly linked to our daily lives, Internet Initiative Japan Inc. ("IIJ") contributes to society by providing services that our customers feel at ease using, forging a new networked society together with them.
1. IIJ assigns a person in charge of managing your personal information at each of its divisions that handle personal information and ensures that such persons manage personal information properly.
2. When IIJ collects your personal information, it makes efforts to specify the purpose of use, and notifies you in advance of the contact point at IIJ for personal information, as well as the purpose and methods of using personal information. The scope of such collection is limited to the extent necessary. IIJ does not collect personal information without your consent or in an unfair manner.
3. IIJ uses and provides your personal information within the scope of the purpose notified in accordance with the previous section, and obtains your prior approval in cases where IIJ will use or provide your personal information outside the scope of such purpose.
4. IIJ does not disclose your personal information to any third party unless as provided in the previous section or required by law or otherwise.
5. IIJ takes sufficient measures to protect your personal information from risks such as unauthorized access, information leaks, destruction, tampering, disclosure or otherwise.
6. When you wish to complain or inquire about the handling of personal information or correct your personal information, you may contact the contact point at IIJ, and IIJ will respond to such requests within a reasonable amount of time.
7. IIJ may provide your personal information or entrust collection or control of your personal information to third parties other than IIJ for the purpose of use provided in section 2. In this case, IIJ will ensure that such third parties are sufficiently able to protect personal information.
8. IIJ abides by the laws and regulations applied with regard to personal information and makes continuous efforts to improve its personal information management system.
Takamichi Miyoshi, Personal Information Protection Manager
Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
IIJ builds and maintains a management system for the protection of personal information that conforms to the JISQ15001 standard, and has been accredited with the Privacy Mark. Below is a list of items disclosed regarding the personal information handled by IIJ as well as items that shall be put in an accessible for you based on the requirements of this standard, the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (henceforth "Law" on this page), the Order for Enforcement of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (henceforth "Order" on this page. JISQ15001, the "Law" and the "Order" collectively called "Act on the Protection of Personal Information, etc.").
Each time personal information is collected from you directly in written form, the purpose shall be specified and your consent obtained (excluding cases where it is not deemed necessary to apply consent regulations based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, etc.). When collecting personal information by any other means (directly from you in a form other than written, or indirectly from a third party) it shall be used within the applicable scope of purpose based on the following categories.
|Category of Personal Information||Purpose|
|1. Personal information included in phone call records when inquiries are made||
|2. Personal information included in video records captured by surveillance cameras||
|3. Personal information included in attendee (applicant) lists or surveys conducted in relation to events or seminars held by hosts other than IIJ and collected from said host by IIJ.||
|4. Personal information included in lists IIJ has obtained by purchasing them from other companies||
|5. Personal information entrusted to IIJ for handling||
|6. Personal information other than the above collected directly from you in a form other than written, or indirectly from a third party||
When your access is required to use the personal information above, the necessary measures shall be taken upon your access to IIJ based on requirements for the protection of personal information added to JISQ15001:2006 126.96.36.199 regarding notification of purpose and method of collection and measures for consent.
Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
IIJ is certified by the Japan Information Processing Development Center (JIPDEC) for displaying the Privacy Mark granted to enterprises, which conduct proper handling of the personal information.
End of the page.